# Building Angular 13 Multi-Tenant App
## What is Multi-Tenancy?
Multi-tenancy is an architecture in which a single application instance serves multiple customers or tenants while keeping their data separate and secure. These tenants could be different organizations, departments, or users within a company.
## Why Build Multi-Tenant Angular 13 Apps?
Multi-tenant Angular 13 applications have numerous advantages for businesses, including:
– Cost reduction: Instead of developing multiple applications for different organizations, multi-tenancy enables businesses to build one robust application that caters to the varying needs of clients.
– Improved scalability: Multi-tenancy allows businesses to scale the application quickly and easily across different tenants.
– Enhanced security: Multi-tenancy ensures that tenants’ data is secure and isolated from other tenants in the application.
– Better customer experience: Multi-tenant applications allow businesses to tailor the application to meet the specific needs of different tenants, thereby improving the customer experience.
## Steps to Building a Multi-Tenant Angular 13 Application
Here are the steps to follow when building a multi-tenant Angular 13 application:
### Step 1: Determine The Multi-Tenancy Strategy
The first step in building a multi-tenant Angular 13 application is determining the multi-tenancy strategy that suits your business needs. There are two main strategies for multi-tenancy:
– Single Database: In this strategy, all tenants share a database instance, but their data is separated by a tenant ID column.
– Multiple Databases: In this strategy, each tenant has a separate database instance that contains only its data.
### Step 2: Create The Multi-Tenant Data Model
Next, create the multi-tenant data model that defines the entities and relationships between them. The data model should consider the multi-tenancy strategy and include the tenant ID column in each entity.
### Step 3: Develop The Multi-Tenant Angular 13 Application
After creating the data model, it’s time to develop the multi-tenant Angular 13 application. Here are some essential steps when developing a multi-tenant Angular 13 application:
– Create a multi-tenant configuration file that defines the different tenants’ properties and their respective data sources.
– Implement authentication and authorization mechanisms that ensure tenants can only access their data.
– Ensure that the application can scale effortlessly and that each tenant’s data remains separate.
– Develop the user interface components based on each tenant’s unique requirements.
### Step 4: Test and Deploy The Multi-Tenant Angular 13 Application
The final step is to test and deploy the multi-tenant Angular 13 application. Conduct rigorous testing to ensure that the application is secure, scalable, and meets the needs of each tenant. After thorough testing, deploy the application to the production environment.
Building a multi-tenant Angular 13 application requires a strategic approach to design a robust and scalable application that caters to the unique needs of each tenant. With our guide, you can build a multi-tenant Angular 13 application that is efficient, secure, and reliable.