# Can You Use Chime Spot Me on Cash App?
If you are one of the many people who use the Chime Spot Me program, you may be wondering whether you can use it to cover purchases made on Cash App. The answer is not straightforward, but in this article, we will explain everything you need to know.
## What is Chime Spot Me and how does it work?
Chime is an online bank that offers an overdraft protection program called Spot Me. It allows eligible customers to overdraw their accounts up to a certain limit without incurring any fees.
Here’s how it works:
– When you make a purchase with your Chime debit card, Chime will check your account balance to see if you have enough funds to cover it.
– If you don’t have sufficient funds, Chime will automatically lend you money to cover the purchase.
– The amount you borrow will be added to your negative balance, and you will be charged a fee when your account balance is positive again.
– The amount you can borrow with Spot Me depends on a variety of factors, including your account history and income.
## Can you use Chime Spot Me on Cash App?
The short answer is no, you cannot use Chime Spot Me to cover purchases made on Cash App. Here’s why:
– Cash App is not an eligible merchant for Spot Me. This means that Chime will not lend you money to cover Cash App transactions, even if you have Spot Me enabled.
– Cash App transactions are treated differently from debit card purchases. When you use your Chime debit card, the transaction is immediately authorized and settled. With Cash App, the transaction is not settled until the recipient accepts the payment. This means that Chime cannot predict when the transaction will be settled.
## Alternatives to Chime Spot Me on Cash App
While you cannot use Chime Spot Me to cover Cash App transactions, there are some alternatives you can consider:
– Link an external bank account to your Cash App. This will allow you to use the funds in your external account to make purchases on Cash App.
– Use your Cash App balance. If you have a balance on your Cash App account, you can use it to cover purchases made on the app.
– Apply for a Cash App debit card. Cash App offers a debit card that you can use to make purchases. You can link the card to your Chime account or another bank account to add funds.
Chime Spot Me is a useful program that can help you avoid overdraft fees. However, it cannot be used to cover Cash App transactions. If you frequently use Cash App, you may want to consider alternative methods for funding your purchases.