# How to Change Your Cash App Account from Business to Personal in 2022
If you’re a Cash App user, you might have decided to open a business account to manage your finances. However, you might realize that a personal account fits your needs better. Fortunately, changing your Cash App account from business to personal is a straightforward process. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps you need to take to make the switch in 2022.
## Steps to Change Your Cash App Account from Business to Personal
1. Open the Cash App on your mobile device.
2. Click on your profile icon in the top-left corner of the screen.
3. Select the “Personal” option.
4. On the next screen, you’ll see a message warning you that switching your account type will delete your stored business information. Select “Continue” to proceed.
5. On the next screen, you’ll see another warning that you’ll need to complete the sign-up process for a personal account, including verifying your identity. Select “Continue.”
6. On the following screen, enter your first and last name, email address, and phone number. Then, create a new password for your account.
7. Tap on “Continue.” You’ll receive a verification code via text message or email. Enter the code on the next screen.
8. On the final screen, you’ll need to confirm your account details, including your Social Security Number or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number. Tap on “Confirm.”
## Other Considerations to Keep in Mind
– You won’t be able to transfer funds from your business account to your new personal account or vice versa. You’ll need to withdraw funds from your business account and deposit them into your personal account manually.
– If you had any pending payments or requests in your business account, they’ll be cancelled when you switch to a personal account. You’ll need to resend them from your new personal account if necessary.
– You won’t be able to set up a direct deposit with your personal account until 24 hours after you’ve verified your identity.
## Final Thoughts
So, if you’ve decided that a personal account is a better fit for your Cash App needs, don’t worry about the process of switching. By following these simple steps, you’ll have your new account set up in no time. Remember, while you won’t be able to transfer funds between accounts or maintain your previous payment requests, you’ll have the opportunity to review and optimize your payment preferences as you begin to use your new personal account.