# Vizio TV connected to wifi but apps don’t work: Causes and Solutions
As a Vizio TV user, it can be disappointing to have your TV connected to Wifi but still not able to use the apps. This article highlights some possible causes for this and offers solutions to the problem.
## Possible Causes
1. Poor Wifi signal: This is a common cause where the Wifi signal strength is low or unstable.
2. Outdated TV firmware: Sometimes, outdated TV firmware can cause issues with apps not working.
3. Incompatible apps: Apps that are not compatible with your TV’s model or firmware version may not work.
Here are some solutions that you can try to fix the problem:
### 1. Improve Wifi signal strength
– Move the TV closer to the router, or vice versa, to boost the signal strength.
– Use a Wifi extender or a wired connection to improve the signal strength and stability.
### 2. Update TV firmware
– Check for available firmware updates for your Vizio TV, and install them if there are any.
– The TV can be set to auto-update the firmware, and in some cases may need manual updating.
### 3. Check app compatibility
– Some apps may not be designed for your TV’s hardware or software specifications.
– Check the app’s requirements and your TV’s specifications before downloading it.
– uninstall the app and try downloading again.
### 4. Reset Vizio TV
– Power off the TV, unplug it, and leave it for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.
– This will help to clear cache and refresh the system.
In conclusion, if your Vizio TV is connected to Wifi but apps are not working, the above solutions can help to fix the problem. Ensure that you follow the steps carefully to achieve the best results.